Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Woven Heart Wool Project - finished!

Last fall, on a crazy quilting road trip with a new friend, I stumbled into the world of wool. I had eye-balled some beautiful woolen table runners in quilt magazines, but didn't know the first thing about it. It was then I discoved a must-have quilt pattern: the Woven Heart Mat, by Lily Anna Stitches (Pattern LAS210).

It has significance because I made little woven heart baskets for my May 1st wedding as favors. I must have made 150 of those things. This pattern was infinitely easier! I assembled all my materials and brought it with me on a road trip to Nebraska to visit in-laws, but didn't get around to it until a road-trip to northern MN for Christmas. (I don't recommend stitching around hearts on the winding roads in northern MN - it makes you sick).

Now my stitches probably aren't the worlds most-beautiful, but it captures a beautiful memory of our wedding day. I proudly gave it to my hubby this morning to put next to his side of the bed (on the beautiful bed-side tables he made for us). The back is a lush green (his favorite color), while the hearts are done-up in cream and blue (our wedding colors, minus the brown). Check it out!

That background photo was taken on our first date, paired with a photo of a castle from a trip to the Ukraine. Just reminds me that I'm a princess, after all!

See the pretty green background? Mmmm.... green, hubby's favorite. Curious about the coaster? It's a Thirstystone set we received as a wedding gift - very nice.

 All done and being used!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Great color choices! There is a shop in Windsor, Colorado named the "Little Wool Shoppe". You should look it up online. There are so many more projects like this one. Connie, the owner, would love to see yours, too.