Monday, April 5, 2010

Love, love, love!


Here is a beautiful, spring-y looking table runner that I'm honored to have displayed in my house. While I can't t take credit for this quilted beauty (featuring fusible applique technique), I can (and WILL) give props to my mom. She whipped it up for me as a birthday present, and while I was opening the gift, asked me, "Do you know what this is?"

And I answered immediately, "Of course, it's a woven heart table runner."

Only a mother would remember her daughter's off-handed comment, while quilt-store binge shopping, that she liked this pattern. I'm amazed that she mentally recorded that comment, left the store, and returned at a later date to scoop up the pattern, supplies, and make this project in secret.
What can I say? I love it! It's even a bit Celtic-ish. And yes, I do have "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" books displayed prominently in my living room. Just because I look like a grown-up, doesn't mean I have to decorate like one. Stay tuned for a future blog posting when I make my "Brown Bear" quilt (fabric and pattern given to me as a birthday present).

4 comments:

XENA_BOB said...

What is the name of the pattern? It's a beautiful runner, and your Mom did a great job!

Unknown said...

Can you please share the pattern or share where to get it?

Alaina said...

Ah yes, the pattern! I had to ask my mom to find the pattern book, but here's all the pertinent information!
Book: 'Love is' by Art to Heart
Author: Nancy Halvorsen
Pattern name: Hearts Entwined Table Runner
Here's a link to the book from Halvorsen's website:
http://shop.arttoheart.com/product.sc?productId=45&categoryId=2

Unknown said...

this is beautiful. my son is getting married and I think that this is a wonderful gift made with love for the two of them. thanks for sharing.