Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Needing a little Sunshine

I'm not sure what the weather is like outside your window, but here in South Dakota it's a drizzly, gloomy mess. And it looks like it will continue throughout the week. So, I'm giving you a post that brightens up my day! It's called "Good Morning, Sunshine!" by Pincherry Road Designs (Linda Van Arkel). Linda is one of my local shop owners (ABCs of Quilting, Grand Rapids, MN).


I just call this "Hungry Catepillar" and it has brought loads of sunshine into our lives already. Can you see how he eats his way through all the food in the border?


While my husband was on Safari, I was able to finish the binding while visiting his family in Nebraska. Words cannot express how special it was to finish the quilt at my sister-in-law Stacy's house and wrap her son, Wyatt, in it. Baby Morgan happily joined her brother playing on brightly colored squares. Wyatt has been reading the book "The Very Hungry Catepillar" illustrated by Eric Carle and told me the entire story when he saw this quilt. What a beautiful way to break-in a new quilt!


When my husband came home from South Africa, he was so happy to see all the bright colors (he picked out the back, isn't that cute?!). We hung it on our quilt rack as soon as we could (replacing my Winter Joy wallhanging). It's been up since mid-February (I LOVE TO READ month).

It was a real family-effort. I purchased the kit just before Christmas and my best-friend Becky help me to "randomize" the interior blocks. She's got a good handle on random - don't you think? I hope this quilt brightens your day, like it does mine!!

3 comments:

Freckle Face Runner said...

I love the "Hungry Caterpillar!!" Both the book and the Quilt! You did a fantastic job on the quilt, and I hope you enjoyed making it, as much as Wyatt and Morgan enjoyed crawling on it and snuggling in it. I think I told you this, but Wyatt asked about that "Caterpillar Blanket" for several nights after you left. He likes to sleep with the book open to the Butterfly at the end, so he can look at it at night. It's so cute!

amanda said...

Love it! Hungry Caterpillar is well loved here at our home. Gloomy & rainy here as well.. Way to offer a burst of cheery color! :)

Amanda Moon said...

Holy freaking amazing!